Yesterday was a good day. Brent stayed home with Wyatt while Ava & I went shopping to Sioux Falls. We stopped in Rock Valley to have dinner with Janet and Grandma Rose, then on to Sioux Falls. We didn't get to Sioux Falls until after 2:00, so the day went quickly. It was almost 8:00 by the time we left Sioux Falls, and there were several more stores I wanted to go to, but time ran out. It was wonderful to spend time alone with Ava. She enjoys shopping and was such a trooper. She did a lot of walking, and by the time we were in the van on the way home, she fell asleep almost instantly. Ava picked out a cute pink with black polka dots suitcase for our TX trip in a couple weeks.
Anyway, it was nice to just have one kid along, and we had a lot of fun together. It was bitterly cold, and I was very thankful the van started at 7:45 p.m. with temperatures at -12 degrees!
I love one-kid shopping, and it gets better and better as they get older. K and I actually have a lot of fun, which seemed like never would happen! (Personally, my favorite - in this weather - is that she can get in and out of the car completely by herself :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogging! I'm happy I found you! -ceb